THE threat to our democratic Republic from the neo-nazi fascist drumpf/trump-vance and the gop / greed over people-republican party. I have voted in every election held in the precinct I lived in since I registered to vote in 1976 and I have been volunteering to be an election official in Virginia since I retired. This is the first election I actually have concerns about what will happen if armed military, national guard and / or dhs gestapo agents show up at the precinct I am working at or to any election precinct anywhere in the country. I have never, ever thought anything like that was possible during any election before. I think that is part of the plan to disrupt the 2026 midterm elections by this administration and the republicans. Make people afraid so they do not go to the polls, so they do not vote. I refuse to be intimidated and have received my precinct assignment and confirmed I will be there for the whole day. Everyone who loves our country needs to meet the extreme right wings threat head on and vote, either vote early, vote by mail or vote in person on Tuesday, November 3rd, 2026! Remember, DEMOCRACY IS NOT A SPECTATOR SPORT!!!
DHS may have violated state election law, Virginia's AG says after whistleblower report
In a letter obtained by The Associated Press, Attorney General Jay Jones demanded that DHS confirm in writing whether it had directed anyone to access Virginia voters' information without first obtaining permission from those voters.
"Virginia Election Code does not permit disclosure of this protected information to the federal government without a court order," he wrote in the letter to Homeland Security Secretary Markwayne Mullin. The state explicitly limits its voter lookup tools to individuals who attest under penalty of law that they are looking up their own records.
The AP has asked DHS for comment on the letter.
Jones also asked Mullin to preserve all related records, including access logs, correspondence and training materials mentioned in the whistleblower report.
The anonymous report, published Monday by Democratic Senate leaders, includes transcripts of a DHS training for a group of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services staffers, who it says were forced in late August to drop other work, complete a less than two-hour training and begin running DHS-provided lists of people through state voter registration systems to find "unlawful voters."
The whistleblower contends that agents have been asked to review 40 individuals per day, giving them about 12 minutes to determine whether each person is a legal voter and create federal records of anyone who is not.
President Donald Trump's administration has alleged that noncitizen voting could be a significant source of fraud in the November midterm elections, even as research shows voting by people who are not citizens is extremely rare. The Justice Department has sued to force the release of detailed voter data in 30 states and the District of Columbia, though it has not yet succeeded in those cases.

No comments:
Post a Comment