mike pence is more dangerous than donald drumpf because pence has the political experience to get drumpf's agenda enacted if the republicans win the presidency and maintain control of the senate. Consider the bush-cheney administration, their legacy being the illegal and immoral Iraq war, increasing the national debt, the hurricane Katrina response failure, and their grand finale, the 2008 "great" recession. Everyone now realizes bush's policies and agenda was to benefit the rich, the 1%, corporate America, but cheney was the political force that made these disasters a reality. pence is that kind of evil. From +Mother Jones....
Bland on the outside. Terrifying on the inside.
- In March, Pence signed a bill into law requiring burial or cremation for aborted fetuses.
- Last month, Pence said he'd like to "send Roe v. Wade to the ash heap of history."
- Pence signed a 2015 bill permitting Indiana business owners to cite religious beliefs as a reason to refuse service to gay and lesbian customers.
- As Indiana's governor, Pence slashed Planned Parenthood funding, arguablycontributing to one county's HIV outbreak.
- During his 12 years as a congressman, Pence voted against nearly every piece of environmental legislation.
- Pence voted to bar the Environmental Protection Agency from regulating greenhouse gases.
- Pence voted for opening the Atlantic up to offshore oil drilling.
- As a congressman, Pence gave a floor speech advocating the teaching of creationism in public schools.
- Pence wrote an op-ed arguing that "smoking doesn't kill."
- Pence has advocated the use of public funds for conversion therapy, a discredited and potentially harmful form of anti-gay therapy.
- Gov. Pence funneled $3.5 million in Indiana's Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) funds, intended for needy families with children, to crisis pregnancy centers, which counsel women against having abortions.
- Gov. Pence refused to comply with Obama administration rules aimed at reducing prison rape.
- As congressman, Pence voted in favor of a bill that would have allowed for the detention of undocumented immigrants seeking hospital treatment.
- Pence co-sponsored a bill in Congress that would have eliminated automatic citizenship for children born on US soil to undocumented parents.
- Pence was one of 31 governors to oppose the resettlement of Syrian refugees in his state, declaring that state agencies wouldn't cover the cost of some social services for Syrian refugees. His behavior earned him a strong rebuke from a panel of three federal judges, including one whom Donald Trump put on his Supreme Court nominee short list.