I sent the below to Loudoun Now...
rep barbara comstock r VA pretended to be offended by donald drumpf's/trump's admission of sexual assault and sexist, misogynist comments in the drumpf/trump sex video. She wasn't offended by his racism, bigotry, xenophobia, homophobia, islamaphobia, or by his support (tolerated by the drumpf/trump-pence campaign) from the kkk and other white supremacist hate groups, at least not enough to call on drumpf/trump to withdraw from the race for president. Rep comstock was offended by his misogyny and sexual assault(s?) until she won re-election. Now, with donald drumpf/trump naming known racist, sexist, and domestic abuser steve bannon as his chief White House Strategist Rep comstock remains silent. Either Rep comstock supports (and holds) bannon's (and so drumpf's/trump's and pence's) deplorable opinions and attitudes and so remains silent OR Rep comstock will take a stand for all her constituents and denounce steve bannon and call on drumpf/trump to remove him as his chief White House strategist and keep bannon from any office and position in his administration. Rep comstock's response to steve bannon's appointment will tell us what kind of person she really is. MY LETTER TO LOUDOUN NOW ENDS HERE. The below is from UltraViolet, +snopes and the +The Guardian
It's been nine days since Donald Trump announced Steve Bannon--known white supremacist, anti-Semite, and domestic abuser--as his pick for White House chief strategist, and your representative, hasn't done anything to stop it from happening.1
This week our Representatives and Senators are away from Washington. That means if people show they reject Bannon yours will listen. You can help by writing a short letter to the editor--politicians care deeply about the opinion pages.
A few letters can make a big impression on politicians. It takes a just a minute, and we've made it really easy to write and send through our website. But to get it in the paper this weekend, you'll need to send it right away!
Write in your own voice and use these points to make your case:
- People all over, including your constituents, oppose Steve Bannon's appointment. Why aren't you one of the lawmakers who is trying to stop a rabid racist and misogynist from getting to the White House?
- No decent person, Republican or Democrat, should allow Bannon in the highest level of government. Stop putting party over decency.
- You have every power to stop Bannon from reaching the White House, starting with publicly denouncing him.
- If you represent the people, speak up now--denounce Donald Trump's appointment of known white supremacist and domestic abuser, Steve Bannon.
Thanks for speaking out.
--Nita, Shaunna, Kat, Karin, Adam, Holly, Kathy, Onyi, Susan, Anathea, Audine, Shannon, Megan, Libby, Emma, PaKou, and Pilar, the UltraViolet team
1. Republicans refuse to criticize Steve Bannon hire after growing backlash, Guardian, November 15, 2016