NORTON META TAG

23 September 2016

Trump Files: Donald's Big Book of Hitler Speeches, We did Nazi this coming. 20SEP16


HERE is another report from The Trump Files, the +Mother Jones investigative reporting on donald drumpf proving he is not qualified to be the President of The United States unless you want to live in an autocratic  dictatorship. 

Trump Files: Donald's Big Book of Hitler Speeches

We did Nazi this coming.

SEP. 20, 2016 6:00 AM

Until the election, we're bringing you "The Trump Files," a daily dose of telling episodes, strange but true stories, or curious scenes from the life of GOP nominee Donald Trump.
Marie Brenner's 1990 profile of Donald Trump for Vanity Fair captured the real estate mogul in turmoil, as he struggled to hold onto his empire amid a nasty divorce fight. It's a juicy piece, but one anecdote in particular stands out: that Trump owned a copy of Adolf Hitler's speeches and allegedly read them for inspiration:
Ivana Trump told her lawyer Michael Kennedy that from time to time her husband reads a book of Hitler's collected speeches, My New Order, which he keeps in a cabinet by his bed. Kennedy now guards a copy of My New Order in a closet at his office, as if it were a grenade. Hitler's speeches, from his earliest days up through the Phony War of 1939, reveal his extraordinary ability as a master propagandist.
"Wow," you're thinking. "But did Trump also respond to this allegation in a shady and kind of revealing way?"
Yes:
"Did your cousin John give you the Hitler speeches?" I asked Trump.
Trump hesitated. "Who told you that?"
"I don't remember," I said.
"Actually, it was my friend Marty Davis from Paramount who gave me a copy of Mein Kampf, and he's a Jew." ("I did give him a book about Hitler," Marty Davis said. "But it was My New Order, Hitler's speeches, not Mein Kampf. I thought he would find it interesting. I am his friend, but I'm not Jewish.")
Later, Trump returned to this subject. "If I had these speeches, and I am not saying that I do, I would never read them."
Trump's best defense, as is often the case, is total ignorance. His Art of the Deal ghostwriter Tony Schwartz told The New Yorker in July, "I seriously doubt that Trump has ever read a book straight through in his adult life."
Read the rest of "The Trump Files":

No comments:

Post a Comment