NORTON META TAG

17 February 2014

(I WILL NOT HONOR THIS PATHETIC REQUEST) Warren Supporters - Please stop 17FEB14

THIS is a pathetic, whiny piece cloaked as a bid for unity but is really B.S. propaganda encouraging people to stop thinking and just follow the leader. The stagnant economy, long term unemployment, cuts to the social safety net, growing economic inequality (I could go on) shows how well that worked for us in 2012. I will continue to promote Sen Elizabeth Warren D MA as a true champion of the people, and if doing so bothers Clinton supporters they better start working on changing their candidate. This from Daily Kos and them my posted response.....
Please, I'm begging each and every one of you to stop bashing Secretary Clinton.  I was not for Obama in 2008.  At the time, I worked for the State of Illinois and I had some dealings with him, and I thought (just my opinion) that he wasn't what people thought he was and he definitely wasn't the person he was selling to the public.  But, my candidate (Clinton) lost, so I sucked it up, and worked to elect Obama.
Which brings us to 2014.  Secretary Clinton may not be your choice to be the Democratic standard bearer in 2016.  Great! We live in a democracy.  You can back whomever you want.  But the constant negativity being thrown at Mrs. Clinton is beneath you and your candidate.  I like Elizabeth Warren.  Heck, I was living and working in Connecticut when she was running, so I made the short trip up to help her campaign.  But, I like Secretary Clinton more.  That's my right.
Let's put aside the fact that NO ONE has even announced that they are or are not running.  Let's put aside the fact that President Clinton played a major role helping President Obama get reelected.  Let's even put aside the fact that Secretary Clinton brought a steady hand to the State Department.  All Democratic candidates deserve our respect.  There is not one Republican that is a better option for this country than any Democrat.  So please, I'm actually begging you, please, please, please, please stop it.
And now let's see if we can keep the comment section free from vitriol.  I don't have much hope, but let's see.
My posted comments
I do not support Hillary Clinton for President now. Maybe I will if she abandons the third way politics she promotes, but even then I will be careful because Obama talked a great progressive, populist game and then turned into a jellyfish democrat. If promoting Sen Elizabeth Warren as a true Democrat is Hillary Clinton bashing I suggest Mrs Clinton and her supporters take a look at her political record and policies and see how she measures up as a champion of the people, of the 99%, not the 1%, to someone like, oh, maybe Elizabeth Warren! If people do that now they will realize Hillary really ain't all that.....
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/02/17/1278325/-Warren-Supporters-Please-stop 

No comments:

Post a Comment