NORTON META TAG

07 December 2012

Boysko Announces for House of Delegates District 86 4DEC12

I have known Jennifer Boysko for a few years now. I have wondered when she was going to take the next step in Fairfax County politics since she has been a tireless activist and leader for so many years. I am so excited about her announcement to run for our seat in the House of Delegates, I believe she will be a powerful voice for progressive politics in Richmond. Please take a look at her announcement below and consider supporting her via e mail, facebook, twitter and financially if you can. Here is her announcement from 4DEZ12....
I am excited to have you among the first to know!  I am announcing my candidacy for the Democratic nomination for the 86th District of the Virginia House of Delegates in 2013.  I have been exploring a run for this seat since January of 2012 and formally filed my campaign committee September 1, 2012.  Let’s keep up the momentum from our excellent win in Virginia for President Obama and Senator-Elect Tim Kaine!

It has been my privilege and pleasure to serve this community in a number of capacities over the past 16 years.  Currently, I serve in a leadership role with Herndon High School PTSA, St. Timothy’s Episcopal Church, and the Herndon Fortnightly Club.

As a Democrat, I have served as: Precinct Ops Coordinator for Herndon for 2012, Precinct Captain for the Dranesville District Democratic Committee since 2003, named Dranesville District Democratic Committee Volunteer of the Year and OFA Team Leader for all of Herndon in 2008, co-founded the Dulles Area Dems in 2005, and have served on the Democratic State Central Committee since 2009.  I have volunteered my time and talent on virtually every Democratic campaign in the region since 2003.

Additionally, I have gained valuable public policy and public service experience serving as Legislative and Herndon Aide to Fairfax County Supervisor John Foust, in Dranesville since 2008.

Through my extensive community outreach, I have developed strong connections with residents from all walks of life in our community.  Now, I want to take that experience, work-ethic, and commitment to the Virginia House of Delegates.  I want to go to Richmond to serve the interests of your family and the thousands of others who call our community home.

Please join in supporting my candidacy if you believe, as I do:

  • That the General Assembly has gotten off track – the divisive and unproductive tactics dictated by the Republican Party keep us from addressing this most important issues at hand;
  • That our daughters deserve to have control over their own bodies;
  • That we need to solve the transportation gridlock that is damaging our quality of life and economy;
  • That NOVA should receive its fair share of education, transportation and human service funding from Richmond; and
  • That affordable housing and adequate human services are crucial to the economy and well-being of our Commonwealth.

It is my honor to have the strong support of an ever-growing list of our community’s leaders and activists including:
 
  • State Senator Janet Howell
  • Delegate Ken Plum
  • Chairman of the Board of Supervisors Sharon Bulova
  • Dranesville Supervisor John Foust
  • Dranesville Planning Commissioner (and former candidate for the 86th) Jay Donahue
  • Hunter Mill School Board Member Pat Hynes
  • Dranesville School Board Member Janie Strauss
  • Tenth District Democratic Chair Charlie Jackson
  • Eleventh District Democratic Chair George Burke
  • Loudoun County OFA Activists Dan Lloyd and Kathy Shupe
  • Herndon Planning Commissioner Chairman Kevin East
...and many others joining daily.

I hope to be able to speak with each of you very soon as your support is personally important to me and to my election.

Please feel free to feel free to email me at boyskofordelegate@gmail.com.

It would mean great deal if you could show your support for me at https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/page/jenniferboysko.

Kind regards,
Jennifer Boysko
Boysko for Delegate
940 Locust Street
Herndon, VA 20170
boyskofordelegate@gmail.com
703 736-8949

Authorized by Jennifer Boysko

Forward to Friend
Authorized and paid for by Boysko for Delegate
Copyright © 2012 Boysko for Delegate, All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment