THERE were over 200 actions this week in support of the Standing Rock Sioux protest and their legal case against the ndap/north dakota access pipeline. +350.org is one of the environmental organizations supporting the people of the Standing Rock Reservation and offer the chance for you to support them by signing a petition to Pres Obama to stop the ndap. (Also note, I clicked the link to donate to the Sacred Stone Camp supply fund, they are no longer accepting donations to their gofundme campaign). You can go to the Sacred Stone Camp website for more information on the Standing Rock Sioux actions and make a donation to their legal fund. You might also consider ending your personal baking / credit card relationship with td bank and citibank and not buy fuel from phillips66, sunoco and marathon.
Support the Indigenous led movement to stop the Dakota Access Pipeline
- The pipeline companies trying to build the Dakota Access Pipeline
- The financial institutions that are lending the money to build the project
- Michels Corporation, which is the contractor actually constructing the pipeline
- Energy Transfer Partners owns a 45% stake in the project
- Sunoco Logistics Partners owns a 30% stake
- Phillips 66 owns a 25% stake.