NORTON META TAG

04 May 2017

I WENT TO THE PEOPLE'S CLIMATE MARCH IN D.C. ON 29APR17

One of the more festive marchers at the People's Climate March in Washington, D.C. on 29 APR 17. I love flamingos so I had to take her picture, and it made me laugh because I imagined my late father's reaction since he always hated plastic yard flamingos, flamingo patio lights, flamingo garden flags.......

I marched in the People's Climate March in D.C. on 29 APR 17 with about 200,000 other concerned Americans and people from around the world. As hot as it was Saturday (95 degrees F, tying the record for D.C. in April) it was a festive happening, peaceful, with no problems created by the marchers or the police. I met a lot of cool people of all ages at the march, but there was one woman, not part of the march, on the sidewalk with 3 of her friends complaining about people taking up blocks of Pennsylvania Ave, wondering how we could get away with that, blah blah blah. I told her THIS IS WHAT DEMOCRACY LOOKS LIKE! She was all what??? I told her again and she made a noise like she was coughing up a fur ball. I think she's American, I know she's pathetically ignorant. We, along with tens of thousands of others in marches around the U.S. and the world, sent a strong message to politicians and corporations that CLIMATE CHANGE IS A FACT and we are not going to just stand by while they wage environmental, political, racial and social warfare against the vast majority of humanity AND we will fight for the rights of all life on this planet to clean air, clean water, habitat and peace. Here are some pictures I took at the march and rally on the Mall 




















































No comments:

Post a Comment