NORTON META TAG

01 February 2016

PRETENDING TO SERVE ASHBURN, VA AND NOT PLOW SNOW (CONTINUED) 1FEB16


I met Ron Meyer, the Loudoun County supervisor who is supposed to represent the area of Ashburn, VA I live in and Rep Barbara Comstock r VA, my representative in the U.S. House and her aid Maryann Cannon. I expressed my frustration with the lack of VDOT plowing Courtland Drive, sections of this heavily traveled road are still 1 lane. They asked me to e mail their offices about it, I did, and the road still isn't plowed. The e mails between me, Ron Meyer, his aid Judy McCary and Maryann Cannon ( and I did e mail Rep Comstock the same using her e mail form on her website) below.
Regarding my phone call to the Ashburn HOA. The first person on the phone was a worthless office drone, the director of the HOA explains the first person I spoke to. They said flat out even there are piles of snow at the entrances to my street so it is narrower than it should be they have no intention of plowing them back they are waiting for the snow to melt. I was also told townhouse owners pay $14.00 of their yearly HOA fees for snow plowing so basically they feel we got our money's worth with the one pass of the plow on my street last Tuesday afternoon. My response was that maybe there would be more money for snow plowing if the HOA office staff weren't overpaid groundskeepers. Like I said in earlier post, they can flit around Ashburn telling people what color they can paint their doors and trim and if their garden is too close to the common areas but when the residents really need their service it's BOHICA (Bend Over, Here It Comes Again)! 

Craig Schwanke bucknackt@gmail.com

Jan 30 (2 days ago)
to maryann.cannonRon.Meyer

from:Craig Schwanke bucknackt@gmail.com
to:maryann.cannon@mail.house.gov,
Ron.Meyer@loudoun.gov
date:Sat, Jan 30, 2016 at 9:51 PM
subject:Snow removal Courtland Dr, Ashburn
Hello,
I met you at the chili and beer fundraiser for the AVFRD at Old Ox in Ashburn. This is just confirmation of our discussion of the lack of action by VDOT regarding snow removal during the storm last week. I saw a plow on Courtland in Ashburn approximately 1730 / 5:30 PM Friday, 22 JAN 16 and we didn't see a plow again on Courtland again until Tuesday, 26 JAN 16. Courtland in Ashburn is still basically one lane from Ashburn Road to Ashburn Village Blvd. Because Courtland was not plowed in a timely manner the Ashburn HOA had an excuse, thanks to VDOT, for not plowing any of the streets off Courtland they are responsible for. It is up to the residents of Ashburn to deal with the HOA about their lack response to the storm. I, along with my neighbors on Afton Terrace, Crew and Falmouth, would appreciate it if the issue with VDOT and Courtland is addressed right away.
Thank you,
Craig Schwanke

E MAILS ON 31 JAN 16

Judy McCary judy.mccary@gmail.com

Jan 31 (1 day ago)
to me
Thank you for your email to Supervisor Meyer.

I have contacted VDOT and asked them to get plows to your street. Please let us know when they arrive. 

Judy McCary
Senior Aide to Supervisor Meyer


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Judy McCary <judy.mccary@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Jan 31, 2016 at 10:04 AM
Subject: Courtland
To: buvknackt@gmail.com


Good Morning,

Thank you for your e mail to Supervisor Meyer. 

I will be in touch with VDOT first thing tomorrow and try and get plows to your street. 

Please let me know when they arrive. 

Thank you for your input.

Judy McCary judy.mccary@gmail.com

9:33 PM (22 hours ago)
to Ronme
VDOT just responded stating that they are sending plows out tomorrow. Please let us know when you see them. 


Cannon, MaryAnn

Jan 31 (1 day ago)
to meRon.Meyer

from:Cannon, MaryAnn MaryAnn.Cannon@mail.house.gov
to:Craig Schwanke <bucknackt@gmail.com>
cc:"Ron.Meyer@loudoun.gov" <Ron.Meyer@loudoun.gov>
date:Sun, Jan 31, 2016 at 1:45 PM
subject:Re: Snow removal Courtland Dr, Ashburn
Hi Mr. Schwanke,
I contacted VDOT this morning and they notified maintenance to address.  If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
Respectfully,
Mary Ann Cannon
Congresswoman Barbara Comstock VA-10

Sent from my iPhone
E MAILS 1 FEB 16

Craig Schwanke bucknackt@gmail.com

4:32 PM (3 hours ago)
to JudyRon
Hi Ms McCary,
Big surprise,  VDOT lied. I justgot home from work and they have done nothing to Courtland.
Thank you ,
Craig Schwanke

Meyer, Ron

4:34 PM (3 hours ago)
to meJudy
Craig, I'm so sorry. I've about had it myself...

--
Supervisor Ron Meyer (Broad Run)
(571)442-1088 (cell)

Sent from my iPhone. Message subject to FOIA. 

Craig Schwanke bucknackt@gmail.com

5:18 PM (2 hours ago)
to RonJudy
I just spoke to the director of Ashburn HOA about their lack of response and she mentioned that Courtland still hasn't been plowed and I told her I was working with your office to get that taken care of and her response was "good luck with that " because she said they have been working with your office for days on this. Maybe someone needs to go to the VDOT office and get in someone's face to get this taken care of since phone calls and emails aren't working. Hearing this from the HOA office is not a good reflection on your office. We would all appreciate more forceful action by you to get this problem resolved and to make sure it is never a problem in the future.
Thank you,
Craig Schwanke


AND I forwarded all the e mails to Rep Comstock's office

Craig Schwanke bucknackt@gmail.com

8:01 PM (7 minutes ago)
to MaryAnnRon.Meyer

from:Craig Schwanke bucknackt@gmail.com
to:"Cannon, MaryAnn" <MaryAnn.Cannon@mail.house.gov>
cc:"Ron.Meyer@loudoun.gov" <Ron.Meyer@loudoun.gov>
date:Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 8:01 PM
subject:Re: Snow removal Courtland Dr, Ashburn
Dear All,
Just to let you know, Ms Cannon, VDOT still hasn't plowed Courtland Dr in Ashburn though Supervisor Ron Meyer's office did contact them and were told it was going to be plowed. The e mails between me and Mr Meyers office below

Cannon, MaryAnn

8:33 PM (37 minutes ago)
to meRon.Meyer
Hi Mr. Schwanke,
I have contacted VDOT again to let them know that Courtland Drive still has not been plowed.
Please continue to keep me up to date.
Respectfully,
Mary Ann

Mary Ann Cannon
Constituent Services Representative
Rep. Barbara Comstock (VA-10)
21430 Cedar Drive, Suite 218
Sterling, VA  20164

No comments:

Post a Comment