NORTON META TAG

16 January 2014

DEMOCRATIC PARTY "SURVEY" 15JAN14

I got this e mail from the Democratic Party, it is nothing more that a veiled quest for funding. Here is the e mail from Amy and my response, bet I don't get an answer.....
Pathetic options. What about holding President Obama accountable for not living up to his campaign platform? He has wasted his presidency by caving to the monied interest of the 1% on social safety net funding, Social Security, holding Wall Street and the bank-financial cabal accountable (too big to jail), protecting the profit margins of the military-industrial complex, not protecting the environment (keystone xl & Arctic drilling?) and by promoting the erosion of our civil liberties through massive government spying and surveillance. We fell for his propaganda campaign, but no more. I am a part of the Elizabeth Warren wing of the Democratic Party and will only support bold, progressive candidates.
Craig Schwanke
Herndon, VA


On 1/15/2014 6:41 PM, Amy K. Dacey, Democrats.org wrote:
Democrats
Craig --

I've been working at the Democratic National Committee for two weeks, and I'm already picking up some pretty important details. I'm not just talking about where to get the best cup of coffee or how to find the printer (though those are important things to know).

I've been looking through staffing plans and strategy memos, I've been sitting down with department heads, and poring through the budget.

Here's what I learned: This is an organization that's ready to win.

Now I'm asking you: How do you want to build a successful Democratic Party not just for today, but for the next generation?

What matters to you?

I've worked on campaigns ever since my dad ran for school board when I was eight, and I've always loved it. But I also know how easy it is to get tunnel vision -- there's always the temptation to focus on the immediate and forget to plan ahead for our future. At the DNC in particular, that would be a huge mistake.

Most campaigns and committees don't get to play the long game, but we do. We're building a bench of future leaders now, so that we have strong candidates to run for office -- from president to Congress to city council -- in two years and 20 years down the line.

So, are you with us? Let me know how you'd like to be involved:

http://my.democrats.org/What-Matters-To-You

All the best,

Amy

Amy K. Dacey
Chief Executive Officer
Democratic National Committee

No comments:

Post a Comment