NORTON META TAG

19 December 2013

From Jennifer Boysko & Herndon Patch, the 86th District Delegate Race: Boysko-Rust Recount Results 19DEZ13

32 votes. That is the number of votes tom rust won reelection as delegate by after the recount results that were announced today. 32 votes. rust is used to winning by 32% (or more), he has never had to work so hard to keep his seat. He better realize the 86th district isn't tea-bagger country and he has a responsibility to represent all the people of this district and not kow-tow to his political bosses in Richmond. AND THANK YOU JENNIFER BOYSKO FOR A RACE WELL RUN AND FOR INSPIRING US AND GIVING US HOPE. WE ARE VERY, VERY PROUD OF YOU!!!!!! From Jennifer Boysko and  Herndon Patch....
Dear friends,
 
The recount has ended and I called to congratulate Tom Rust and wish him a successful term in the House of Delegates as soon as I received the news.  
 
When all of the votes were finally counted today, I learned that we came up 32 votes short.  The final tally was:
Boysko 10378
Rust 10410
 
It was a hard fought fight and I am so proud of what we did. Thank you for your strong support and friendship over the past year. It was important for so many people that we took this time to assure that all votes were counted and everyone's voice was heard in this very close election. It was an honor to be the Democratic nominee and I appreciate having the opportunity to discuss those issues that matter to all of us during the past year with the voters in the 86th District.
 
I owe a special word of thanks to my core team members who have been with me through thick and thin:
 
Taylor McLeod, my manager
Brad Flemming, my finance director
Henry Jackson, my field director 
Dadly Cordero, my communications director
Les Halpern, my treasurer
 
And to all of you who have cheered me on, talked to me at your doorsteps or on the phone, donated your money and time, I say thank you.  I plan to run again in 2015 and hope to have you by my side once more.
 
Finally, I want to acknowledge my family who stood by me, picked up the slack at home and served as my biggest supporters: Glenn, Hannah, Sophie Claire, as well as my mom Dianne (a Republican from Alabama) and my mother-in-law Judy (a Democrat from Ohio), who were here for both the primary and general elections helping me get out the vote. I love you all dearly.
 
I ran for office because I want good government.  When we all participate, using our voices and taking part in this process, we will have it. We had a tremendous run, winning all of the Statewide races. You did that and I want to say thank you. Thank you and happy holidays.
 
Warmest regards,
 
Jennifer


The race was the tightest in all of Virginia this year.
With the recount complete, Tom Rust has officially won re-election as Delegate to the 86th District. (Courtesy Photo)
As the results of the recount in the 86th District Delegate race were reported Thursday, Democrat Jennifer Boysko conceded to Republican Tom Rust, who has held the seat since 2002.

The race was the closest of any in Virginia this year.

State-certified tallies in November had Boysko trailing Rust by just 54 votes, out of more than 21,000 cast in the district, which encompasses Herndon and parts of Oak Hill and Sterling.

After the recount, she was down just 32.

The final totals were: Rust with 10,410, and Boysko with 10,378.

Boysko issued a statement just before 6 p.m. Thursday.

"I'd like to congratulate Tom Rust and wish him a successful term in the House of Delegates," she said.

As for the recount, Boysko said, "It was important for so many people that we took this time to assure that all votes were counted and everyone's voice was heard in this very close election."

Boysko, a former aide to Fairfax County Supervisor John Foust, who also previously worked with Howard Dean, launched her campaign in January, and won the Democratic nomination in the June primary with more than 77 percent of the vote.

"It was an honor to be the Democratic nominee and I appreciate having the opportunity to discuss those issues that matter to all of us during the past year with the voters in the 86th District," she said Thursday.
http://herndon.patch.com/groups/elections/p/86th-district-delegate-race-boyskorust-recount-results

No comments:

Post a Comment