NORTON META TAG

27 September 2013

ROBERT REICH: Why won't Bill O'Reilly debate me? 26SEP13

ROBERT REICH is a progressive, not a communist. wimpy loud mouth bill o'reilly hides on his faux news show attacking many on the left as well as progressive, social justice programs and policies championed by the left and Democrats (and a few brave Republicans). Robert Reich wants to go on o'reilly's show to debate him about o'reilly calling Reich a communist and the whole issue of the state of politics in America, but o'reilly is afraid and will not have Reich on his show. Click the link and sign the petition to o'reilly telling him to man up and debate Robert Reich on his show.....
In case you missed it, Bill O'Reilly slammed me on Monday night for mentioning, in a New York Times op-ed, that he called me a "Communist" on his FOX News show.

In that op-ed, I referred to his "Communist" name-calling as an example of the kind of incivility that now passes for political debate in America -- of which O'Reilly is a part. O'Reilly took umbrage that I would even bring it up. Apparently he thinks it's perfectly fine to call me names but offensive for me to criticize him for doing so.

Yet O'Reilly refuses to have me on his show to debate any of this -- either his initial charge that I'm a Communist, or his indignation that I mentioned it in last weekend's op-ed. When he first claimed I was a Communist I challenged him to a debate -- a civil debate. He refused. He still refuses. He won't even debate the topic of my op-ed -- the increasing shrillness and divisiveness of Fox News and other media outlets, which are only adding to the vitriol of American politics.

Why won't O'Reilly debate me? What is he afraid of? I don't know but I need your help. Please sign my YouPower petition and tell Bill O'Reilly that instead of talking about me, he should have the courage and decency to debate me.

Democracy for America members like you can change the conversation in this country, as we did last night when I joined Howard Dean on a special DFA conference call about my new film "Inequality for All." I really enjoyed the call -- and especially the insightful questions asked by DFA members across America.

Help me keep up the momentum by signing this petition and sharing it with your friends today. 

Thanks for spreading the word,

Robert Reich
Former Secretary of Labor

No comments:

Post a Comment