NORTON META TAG

12 January 2013

Herb Kemp for Delegate 9JAN13

A friend has decided to throw his hat in the ring and is running for Delegate to Richmond from the 86th district. I volunteered with Herb on Pres Obama's reelection campaign and have no doubt he is committed to the people of our district as well as the Commonwealth. Here is his announcement....

Letterhead

 

I recently declared my candidacy for the Democratic nomination for the 86th District, Virginia House of Delegates. I have spent the majority of my life in the service of our country as a military officer, with service in command, staff and diplomatic assignments in the Far East, Europe, Middle East and Latin America. After retiring from the Air Force, I embarked on a second career as an executive in the defense industry here in Northern Virginia.
WHY I'M RUNNING
My work on the Obama campaign reaffirmed my commitment to our progressive values. I also came to two important realizations. First, while we have made progress in the last two elections, progress is never a permanent condition. We must continue to move forward at the state level to secure and expand the gains we made in Federal elections. Second, I came to realize that I can do more, that I have experiences and talents that can support our progressive agenda and serve you, the voters.
WHAT I BRING TO THE CAMPAIGN
Clearly, any delegate must master the legislative issues in order to be successful in representing the interests of the constituents. However, mastery of the issues alone is insufficient. Leadership, the ability to collaborate, the ability to persuade, and the ability to find common ground among diverse interests are the real keys to success. I have managed large, very complex military programs in the billions of dollars. I have been responsible for leading and managing large organizations comprising hundreds of people. At the end of the day, it's always about leadership and commitment.
WHAT I BELIEVE
Every election is an affirmation of our faith in the future and an investment in the leaders that we elect to take us there. I believe that we must:
  • Maintain an environment that remains attractive for businesses to establish themselves and prosper in Northern Virginia and continue to evolve a 21st century infrastructure – transportation, energy, technological.
  • Provide our children a place in the future economy and provide that economy with the educated workforce it needs, by continuing to modernize our public education system, from our kindergartens to our universities.
  • Work to ensure an equitable distribution of state revenues to address the needs of Northern Virginia.
  • Continue to build a society that respects the rights and beliefs of our increasingly diverse population – a society that allows each of us to live our lives as we see fit according to the dictates of our own consciences.
I would be honored to earn your support in the June 11th, 2013 primary.
To learn more, contact me directly at herb@herbkempfordelegate.com or plan to attend our campaign kickoff on January 26th, 10am until noon at ArtSpace Herndon, 750 Center Street, Herndon, VA.

Authorized and Paid for by Herb Kemp for Delegate
Copyright ©2013 Herb Kemp for Delegate, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
info@herbkempfordelegate.com

No comments:

Post a Comment