NORTON META TAG

08 December 2012

Dec. 17th is Bradley's birthday. Write him! Your support has made a difference! 6DEZ12

UPDATE on Bradley Manning, his trial and his upcoming birthday. You can send him birthday greetings at the address below, and also donate to his legal defense fund....
Bradley Manning Support Network

Bradley's attorney praises public support,
thanks 'truth-battalion'

In his presentation David Coombs acknowledges the importance of public support, and he affirmed that your ongoing support has made a real difference. Help us cover 100% of Bradley's legal fees. Donate today.
On December 3rd, David Coombs, Bradley's attorney, gave his first public presentation to an audience of over 100 at All Souls Church in Washington DC. In his speech, he acknowledged the importance of public support and the influence public pressure had in having Bradley moved from Quantico prison. He also acknowledged the difficulty Bradley faces with so much government opposition:

Bradley's attorney David Coombs. Watch the presentation here.
"When I'm in the courtroom, I stand up and look to my right, and, I see the United States government. The United States government with all of its resources, all of its personnel, I see them standing against me and Brad. And I have to admit to you, that can be rather intimidating. And I was intimidated. Especially when the President of the United States says your client broke the law. Especially when congress members say your client deserves the death penalty. I want to tell you though today as I stand here I'm no longer intimidated. I am not intimidated because when I stand up I know I'm not standing alone. I know I'm not alone because I turn around and I see the support behind me. I see members here today in the audience that are there every time we have a court hearing. I see what I am not going to affectionately call the 'truth batallion,' those who wear a black shirt. It has the word 'truth' on it, and they are behind me. And when I look there, I know that I also have unlimited personnel and unlimited resources."

For more information about the defense fund click here.

December 17th will be Bradley Manning's third birthday in prison without trial

Let Bradley know you care! Write him a letter of support for his 25th birthday - his third behind bars.

Bradley Manning will turn 25 on December 17th. It will be his third birthday in prison without trial. His court martial is scheduled for March, 2013.
Military whistle-blower Bradley Manning will turn 25 on December 17th. It will be his third birthday in prison, and by the time his court martial begins it will have been almost three years in prison: one year of which in the Quantico marine brig, where he was held in solitary confinement against the recommendations of mental health professionals. His trial is scheduled to start next March, and he needs our support. Please take a few minutes to send Bradley a birthday message, and to send a gift to his Defense Fund.
Bradley can receive mail at the following address:
Commander, HHC USAG
Attn: PFC Bradley Manning
239 Sheridan Ave, Bldg 417
JBM-HH, VA 22211

Visit this link to read about mail restrictions.
Bradley's lawyer David Coombs recent spoke publicly for the first time. He said that Bradley is one of the smartest, most caring young men he's ever met, and he also talked about Bradley's future dreams and goals:
"And [Bradley] told me that his dream would be to go to college, go into public service, and perhaps one day, run for public office.  And I asked Brad, why would he want to do that? And he said, 'I want to make a difference. I want to make a difference in this world.'"
Please take some time before December 17 to show Bradley that you are thinking of him, and appreciate his efforts to hold US government officials accountable by informing the American public. In addition to mailing him a birthday message and donating to his Defense Fund, you can also take a photo holding a "Happy birthday Bradley Manning!" sign and e-mail it to owen@bradleymanning.org. We will compile photos to share on our website, and send them to Bradley as well.

Help us continue to cover 100%
of Bradley's legal fees! Donate today.


No comments:

Post a Comment