NORTON META TAG

25 August 2012

BACK FROM VACATION AGAIN 25AUG12

BACK from vacation again, I went home to my parent's in Scandia, PA, which is still home for me though I have lived in Virginia since April 1986. Some places you live in, and others are home, and that is how Scandia is for me. I did a few things for Mom and Dad around the house, celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary with my sisters Sheila and Jennie and their husbands Richard and Ted and Jen's & Ted's daughter Katie (60 YEARS!!! THEY WERE MARRIED 16AUG52!!!), went to a wedding, spent time with family and friends, wandered in the woods and along the shores of the Kinzua reservoir, wandered out at night to look at the Milky Way and caught my breath from life here. It was really, really good to be away. While I thought of friends I have here I was really in no rush to come back, the week went by way too fast. It was beautiful while I was home, in the 70's (teens 20's C), up to 84 (26 C) on Thursday during the day and the 50's (10 to low teens C) at night and only rained the morning after I got there. I am really thankful for my life here, and really, really thankful that I have my Mom and Dad in Scandia and can still go home whenever I want.
On my way home I stopped at Kinzua Bridge to check out the Skywalk on the remains of the old railroad bridge that was destroyed by a really violent storm a few years back. If you like trains and history check out Kinzua Bridge Reopens to the Public 8AUG11 & Tracks Across The Sky 9JUL09 http://bucknacktssordidtawdryblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/kinzua-bridge-reopens-to-public-8aug11.html

By the by, I am so fortunate to have friends like Pam and Robert and Tim who come over and feed my birds and water my balcony garden while I am away. I really do love you guys!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment