NORTON META TAG

09 March 2012

TELL TIM KAINE HOW THE ECONOMY HAS AFFECTED YOU AND WHAT YOU EXPECT WASHINGTON TO DO 9MAR12

TIM KAINE wants to hear from everyone in Virginia on the economy and the challenges you are facing as an individual, a family, and a business and what you think needs to be done by Washington to keep the recovery going.....Let him hear from you because Democracy is not a spectator sport!
I've been meeting with business and community leaders in roundtable discussions, business tours, and public events all across Virginia -- from Manassas to Emporia and Roanoke to Chincoteague. I've heard about some of the challenges Virginians are facing, and shared ideas about how to keep our economy growing. Just today, the Bureau of Labor Statistics announced that 227,000 jobs were added in February, marking two straight years of private sector job growth. We're making progress, but we have much more to do.
I started my career in public service in local office, and I've always valued person-to-person interaction and enlisting a two-way dialogue with Virginians. But I can't talk to nearly as many people in our Commonwealth as I'd like to. That's why I'd like you to share your experiences with me.
Please take a moment to tell me, in your own words, about the challenges facing you, your business, or your family in this still-fragile economy.
Leaders at companies I've toured have said that they are looking for skilled workers to place in new jobs in manufacturing and high technology -- in fact, there are actually unfilled jobs in Southside Virginia, where I was last week. Business owners have expressed their frustration with getting access to capital so they can expand and hire new workers.
And everybody agrees that we need to fix Washington. But instead of just fighting Washington, I believe that we need to find common ground on policies that will create jobs and strengthen our recovery.
Over the course of this campaign, I will continue to cross the state, meeting with folks like you and hearing what they need from Washington. But I also want to hear directly from you -- what has your experience been in this economy? What are the challenges you face? How can Washington work with you to help your family or business?
I want to continue the dialogue. Please share with me your concerns, your ideas, and your stories.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Tim Kaine
 
Volunteer   Contribute
 
Paid for by Kaine For Virginia
Contributions or gifts to Kaine for Virginia are not tax deductible.

No comments:

Post a Comment