NORTON META TAG

01 December 2011

THANKSGIVING 2011 & TATTOOS

I spent Thanksgiving with my sister Jennie, my brother-in-law Ted and their kids Alex and Katie at their house in Midland, VA. It was a beautiful weekend, I had the day off, and we really had a good time. I am so thankful that we were able to be together and I am thankful they always have room for me in their home and at their table on holidays and any other time too. I am blessed to have family to share love and life and laughter with, and we celebrated all our blessings together, while the rest of our family celebrated in different parts of the country...in Bennett and Delta, CO, in Alaska, in Abilene, TX and in Warren and Russell, PA. We are scattered all over the country, but we are joined together by love no matter where we are. So thank you God for all our blessings, all you have done for us, for family, friends, faith, health, homes, jobs, and salvation and for being YOU. Below is my new tattoo (I have 3 now). It is a family tattoo, drawn by my nephew Alex, while we were discussing tattoos after Thanksgiving dinner. We were talking about how cool it would be to have a family tat, one that everyone in the family could get that would be the same for all of us and came up with this design. The German is Ein Feste Berg Ist Mein Gott (A Mighty Fortress Is My God) for our Dad's German heritage (Schwanke), the holly leaves are from our Mom's Scottish family crest (Irvine) and the cross our faith. I got mine done on Saturday 26 NOV 11 and the picture is from the same day.



No comments:

Post a Comment