NORTON META TAG

03 December 2011

10,000 reasons why birth control matters 2DEZ11

I support birth control coverage without co-pays because birth control prevents abortions. It allows families to plan their family based on their economic ability to provide for their children. That may sound cold, but if a family can not afford a child, and the government is intent on cutting funding for family assistance, food stamps, housing, health care, education, and with so many families struggling through this continuing recession a woman should not be denied access to birth control. I suggest the politicians and religious leaders who claim to value the sanctity of life start walking the walk and not just talking the talk, put your church's resources and our tax dollars to work actually defending and providing a quality life for our children and families.

10,000 reasons
why birth control matters

1. Birth control is prevention! As a Catholic, I don't understand why the Bishops don't get that.
Magda, Lawrence KS.

2. I'm a mom. I'm already working two jobs and need all the help I can get. Cover my birth control, please!
Teresa, Phoenix AZ.

3. Birth control made it possible for me to finish school and plan my family.
Lauren, Medford OR.



Please help: tell the White House YOUR reason why birth control matters.

President Obama and Secretary Sebelius will decide at any moment whether to keep birth control coverage in place for millions of women. The president has been a strong supporter of women's health — but right now he's facing immense pressure from anti-choice groups determined to cut millions of hardworking women off from access to birth control. That's why we need your voice now, even if you've already spoken out on this issue.

You and other Planned Parenthood supporters have emailed, called, told your friends, and more to urge the White House to resist the campaign to undermine women's access to birth control.

Now, it's time to tell President Obama why.

Over the next 72 hours we want to deliver 10,000 reasons why birth control coverage matters so very much to women (and men!) across the country. That's where you come in. We urgently need your help to show the White House why people from all walks of life support birth control coverage without co-pays.

I wouldn't ask you to do this if I didn't think it would help. You see, the White House knows that hundreds of thousands of people like you and me strongly support birth control coverage. What they haven't heard are the stories behind our support. And I am absolutely certain that you, Craig, have at least one good reason. Please, take just a minute to share it — and then ask your friends and family to do the same.

We truly don't have a minute to spare. Even as I write this, I know that the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops and anti-women's health members in Congress have stepped up their pressure on the White House to eliminate birth control from health reform. But let's be honest, this small group of mostly men don't have what we have: The voices and support of millions of women across the country who have real, personal stories about why birth control coverage matters in their lives.

It's time for us to use that power. Thanks, as always for standing up and speaking out.
Sincerely,


Cecile Richards, President
Planned Parenthood Federation of America
P.S. My reason? Easy:

I have three kids. I want them to live in a country that trusts and empowers women.
—Cecile, New York NY
© Planned Parenthood Federation of America

No comments:

Post a Comment