NORTON META TAG

19 August 2010

Jeff's 10th District Walking Tour

On September 3rd, Jeff is embarking on a walking tour across the 10th District. His six day journey will cover 80 miles and 13 towns.
"As I walk across the district, I’m going to visit the farms, the small businesses, and the communities that make our area such a vibrant and exciting place to live. I’m going to share my vision for Virginia, I’m going to listen to folks’ ideas, and I’m going to try earn their support. After 30 years of Mr. Wolf, it’s time for a new kind of leadership. It’s time for a Congressman who is engaged in our lives and who understands how his votes impact the economy of our communities. This journey is part of my commitment to bringing that kind of transparent and accountable leadership to our District." - Jeff Barnett                                            
Want to get involved? Click here to sign up to attend an evening event or to walk for a few hours with Jeff as he visits local businesses and talks to voters all across the District. We'll be updating this page frequently with information on events for each evening of the tour, so check back often!
Jeff's 10th District Walking Tour Schedule
Day 1, September 3, 2010: Gore, VA to Winchester, VA
Day 2, September 4, 2010: Winchester,VA to Berryville, VA
Day 3, September 5, 2010: Berryville, VA to Purcellville, VA
Day 4, September 6, 2010: Purcellville, VA to Leesburg, VA
Day 5, September 7, 2010: Leesburg, VA to Herndon, VA
Day 6, September 8, 2010: Herndon, VA to McLean, VA


Barnett

Get Involved!

Volunteer
Get a Bumper Sticker
Contribute
Host a House Party
Visit Our Website
Fan us on Facebook!
Follow Us on Twitter!






Dear Craig, 

When it comes to growing the  next generation of jobs in Northern Virginia, I'm progressive and forward-thinking. When it comes to what makes a good Congressman, though, I've got some traditional ideas.

I believe that a leader should be engaged in the Community. I believe that voters deserve a chance to meet and exchange ideas with the person who represents them in Washington. I believe that, if you're going to vote against saving hundreds of thousands of jobs, as my opponent did last week, you owe it to your constituents to stand up and explain yourself.

Call it quaint. Call it old-fashioned. I just call it the right thing to do.

 Frank Wolf has been a political insider for 30 years, and he's forgotten these commonsense guidelines.  I'm committed to bringing a new kind of leadership to our district: leadership that is connected, available, and accountable. That's why I'm hosting ten town halls across the district this month. That's why I am proud to announce that, next month, I will be walking from one end of the District to the other.
6 Days. 13 towns. 80 miles.
 In early September, I'm going to walk from Gore, near the West Virginia border, to McLean, just outside our nation's capital. While Frank Wolf sits in Washington, I'll be on the ground and in our communities,  visiting farms and businesses across Northern Virginia, talking about our plans to promote economic recovery and grow the next generation of jobs.
It's going to be an incredible journey. We're going to be walking all day and hosting events in the evening. I'd love to have you join us, either by following along online or by signing up to walk a few miles or attend an evening event.
Click here for more information and to learn about details of evening events as the schedule firms up. 
Three Down, Seven To Go
 Our town halls, like the 10 District walking tour, are part of my commitment to accessible and accountable leadership. The meetings in Chantilly, McLean, and Great Falls have been a great success. We've engaged voters, attracted some positive press coverage, and I've learned a lot. I'm looking forward to seven more meetings between now and early September!
Check out the schedule for the remaining town halls below, and then click here to sign up to attend the meeting nearest you!
Manassas Park: Monday, August 23 from 7:00-8:30 at the Manassas Park Community Center (NEW DATE)
Ashburn: Tuesday, August 24 from 7:00-8:30 at Ashburn Library
Leesburg: Wednesday, August 25 from 7:00-8:30 at Thomas Balch Library
Front Royal: Thursday, August 26 from 6:00-7:30 at Samuels Library (NEW TIME)
Winchester: Monday, August 30 from 7:00-8:30 at the Public Safety Building on Coverstone Drive
Warrenton: Wednesday, September 1 from 7:00-8:30 at the Warrenton-Fauquier Visitors Center
Herndon: Thursday, September 2 from 7:00-8:30 at the Herndon Fortnightly Library

I look forward to seeing you  at at one of the town hall meetings! Click here to RSVP.

Sincerely,

Jeff Barnett 
Jeff Barnett

No comments:

Post a Comment