NORTON META TAG

14 May 2010

MY BALCONY

Spring is here, and my balcony is already in full bloom! I have petunias, pansies, salvia, portchalaca, trailing sweet peas, fuschia, colias, heritage tomatoes, grape tomatoes, nastursiums, cacti, a begonia, dahalias, a pineapple plant, a Boston fern, 2 hot pepper plants, herbs, mums, sun flowers and my 2 35 year old geraniums (classic red blossoms). I love my little balcony garden, the wild mix of colors and textures and scents.....gives me a lot of pleasure when I am out there in the morning with my first cup of coffee in the morning or sitting out there in the evening when the spicy scent from the petunias is the strongest. It is a very happy place to be for me, and for others in my apartment complex as I have been told by people in my building as well as the complex management and people walking by how much they enjoy my balcony garden every year. I think I may have even motivated others in the apartment complex to create their own balcony gardens too, because when I first moved here mine was the only one, but over the years there have been more people with plants on their balconies....all different kinds of gardens, like the hanging gardens of old.

No comments:

Post a Comment