NORTON META TAG

16 April 2010

JABBA THE HUT

At our home in Scandia we had a toad living under the back steps we called Jabba the Hut. This thing was so huge you could actually hear his body plop when he hopped. He was big, fat and covered with lots of big lumps and bumps. And being so fat he couldn't hop very fast so was easy to catch.
One fine Summer day my sisters we sun bathing in the back yard, all relaxed, dozing...almost asleep. I came around the house and there was Jabba...sunning himself in the driveway. Just as I was grabbing him my older sister, Sheila, heard me and looked up just to see me grab Jabba. She jumped up and started screaming 'Jennie (my younger sister) he's got Jabba' Jennie was more out it than Sheila though, and didn't get up in time. I ran over and dropped Jabba right on her belly and there she was, on the ground, sreaming at the top of her lungs (one of those cartoon screams where the screamers mouth becomes bigger than their body and their uvula is flappin around) and doing a great dying cockroach. Jabba fell off her and hop plopped his way back to under the back steps, no doubt terrorized by what he had just been through while I rolled on the ground rolling in laughter....
I know some of you will probably think me warped, but I can't help but laugh even now when I think about this.....

No comments:

Post a Comment