NORTON META TAG

26 March 2010

MY AUNT LYNN WAS KILLED IN A CAR ACCIDENT SUNDAY EVENING part 2 14MAR10

I went to Pennsville, NJ last Friday with my sister Jennie and her daughter Katie for our Aunt Lynn's funeral. We met Mom and Dad and Uncle Ralph and Aunt Pat at the hotel. Lynn was Mom's and Ralph's sister. It was a beautiful day, Spring making a welcome appearance, and I know Aunt Lynn loved that because she loved Spring and being in the county with all the trees and flowers and wildlife. We, the family, had a chance to see Aunt Lynn before the funeral, it was good to be able to see her here one last time, though it was, and is still hard to believe it was her funeral. A lot of people came to pay their respects to Aunt Lynn and her family. And it was good to be with family, good to see cousins I haven't seen for too long, though I wish it had been for another reason. The preacher had a very good message and was a great comfort to us. Aunt Lynn's wish is that she be cremated, and some of her ashes be scattered around Uncle Bill's grave and the rest be scattered along her favorite trail on Skyline Drive. She went there at least twice a year to commune with nature and refresh her soul. We will join her kids when they make the journey, probably on Mother's Day.
The young man that caused the accident that killed Aunt Lynn is in his early twenties. He was talking on his phone while driving. I believe he is being charged with vehicular homicide. I feel sorry for him too, he will have to live the rest of his life knowing his carelessness killed another person. He may have to spend some time in prison. I hope and pray he has faith and family to help him deal with this.
I am guilty of talking on my phone while driving but no more. Period. I will not answer my phone while driving and if I call someone's cell phone and they are driving I will end the call and they can call me back or I will call them back when they get to their destination. I will not risk putting another family through this.
So many friends have been so supportive of me and my family through this, I can only say thank you from the bottom of my heart and that I love you all so very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment